‘The new pre-war (and wartime) and feminism’.
【CT2023 Conference Theme】
‘The new pre-war (and wartime) and feminism’.
September 2 (Sat.), September 3 (Sun.) 2023, 10:00–18:00 (JST)
Waseda University, Waseda Campus (1-6-1, Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050, Japan)
■CT2023: About applying for Individual/Group Presentations and Project Works
【Applications for presentations】
- Cultural Typhoon 2023 will showcase a broad range of presentations from people both inside and outside Japan. We are looking for Individual Presentations, Group Presentations, and Project Works.
- Participation is not limited to ACT members; non-members can also apply. However, a Paper Presentation Registration Fee will be required for presentations made by non-members. Please refer to the [Eligibility for presentation] section below.
- Cultural Typhoon 2023 will be organized as follows:
- Symposiums: On-site and Online streaming.
- Individual Presentations / Group Presentations / Project Works: On-site only.
- Only one panel per person will be accepted for presentation.
*The date and time of each presentation will be decided by the Cultural Typhoon 2023 Executive Committee. Please note that we do not accept requests for presentation dates/times.
★ If you wish to apply for an Individual Presentation, please fill out the application form here: Application form (https://forms.gle/KxWcM4MoXMnoWypt5).
★ If you wish to apply for a Group Presentation, please fill out the application form here: Application form (https://forms.gle/XTP4MRdGe6BTSEmh6).
★ If you wish to apply for Project Works, please fill out the application form here: Application form (https://forms.gle/QhsBSKEWVjbXQMc66).
【Presentation length (planned schedule subject to potential changes)】
- Individual Presentations: 20 minutes presentation and Q&A
- Group Presentations: 90 minutes (including time for Q&A)
【Eligibility for presentation】
- Whether for individual or group presentations, all non-member contributors/presenters will be required to pay the Paper Presentation Registration Fee in advance. The entry fee/online ticket fee for CT2023 is included in the Paper Presentation Registration Fee.
- Paper Presentation Registration Fee
Full-time employees (corresponding to ACT membership in Category A): 11,000 yen
Part-time employees and students (corresponding to ACT membership in Category B or C): 5,000 yen
- You will be informed of the payment method for the Paper Presentation Registration Fee when we contact you to accept your proposed presentation. In addition, for those who pay the Paper Presentation Registration Fee and then opt to become an ACT member during the fiscal year 2023, the Paper Presentation Registration Fee will be counted as partial payment of the total membership fee.
- We would appreciate your help in promoting this conference as widely as possible.
- As before, anybody can apply for participation in other activities (project works—booths, workshops, etc.) outside of paper presentations. However, everyone will be asked to pay an entry fee/online ticket fee, including those invited by the applicant. Tickets for participation will be available for purchase from the sale start date until the day of the event.
- April 15, 2023: Online application submission form available
- May 31, 2023: Application deadline for presentation proposals
- June 19, 2023: Announcement of application results (tentative)
- July 10, 2023: Payment deadline for non-member presenters
- July 31, 2023: Release of the conference program (tentative)
- September 2 and 3, 2023: Conference Dates
【Contacts for inquiries regarding presentations】
For inquiries regarding Individual and Group Presentations, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries about Project Works, please contact us at:
【Entry fees/online ticket fees for CT2023】
- ACT members in Category A or B, and non-member employees (corresponding to ACT membership in Category A or B): 3,000 yen per person
- ACT members in Category C, and student or civilian non-members (corresponding to ACT membership in Category C): 1,500 yen per person
- Category A (annual membership fee: 10,000 yen)
Those who work full time (including in tenured positions) at a university or research institution, and those who can claim their membership fees as allowable expenses.
- Category B (annual membership fee: 6,000 yen)
Those who work part time at a university or research institution, or those who cannot claim their membership fees as allowable expenses.
- Category C (annual membership fee: 4,000 yen)
Students as defined in Article 4 of the regulations of the Association for Cultural Typhoon, non-regular or temporary employees, and those who have retired from universities or research institutions (or those over 70 years of age).
*If you are unsure about your membership category, please contact the Association for Cultural Typhoon Secretariat at email@example.com.
Please follow the link below for more information about becoming a member.
Application information: http://cultural-typhoon.com/act/en/how-to-join/payment-methods/